Friday, January 12, 2007

Procrastination cleans my house!

I vowed to finish the novel in early 2007. Then I signed on to participate in a writing group to keep myself accountable. They have not heard much from me!

Wednesday, with some amount of free time available, I realized that I'd been letting lots of housework slide when I was attempting to get the book done at then end of 2006. So I washed, dried and folded several loads of laundry, vacuumed the entire house (including the basement) and washed the floors (and even some doors)! My house is CLEAN!

I did not write a word.

Yesterday my son had a playdate after kindergarten so I had the whole school day to myself! With a clean house, I knew I could justify planting myself in the chair and writing. Instead, I went for a run (it was a beautiful day and I knew that'd be changing soon) and went bloghopping.

So TODAY is the day! The hubbie has the day off so he can play with C, N wants to bring friends home so they should keep her entertained and everyone still has clean socks and underwear so I'm good to go!

No comments: