Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Well, the kids don't agree with "frightful"


Oh, the weather outside is frightful...
Well, it's very windy, anway! It's hard to hold onto children and your hat at the same time!

But the fire is so delightful...
OK, gas fireplace is on the fritz.

And since we've no place to go...
I wish!

Let It Snow!Let It Snow!Let It Snow!
Seasonal tunes made an early appearance in my home this morning!

Yes, I was wearing short sleeves last week, telling everyone that while it didn't seem like November, I was thrilled! The hubbie told the kids last night he'd heard the word snow in the forecast for the evening and I couldn't believe it. I knew they'd wake disappointed as I could hear the rain pounding all night. My son decided to get up exceptionally early this morning and pointed out the rain. I could not get my daughter out of bed this morning, nor convince her to wear long pants until Nature intervened. Fifteen minutes before I had to start the We are going to be very late this time, get up NOW, I MEAN IT litany, the rain turned to snow.
It's amazing how compliant a 2nd grader will become if she thinks it means she'll get some time out in the white stuff!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: