Saturday, June 30, 2018

A walk to remember

I get my best ideas (for both writing and life) either in the shower or when I lay my head down to sleep.

As I finally lay my head down, last night, I realized that I need to lace up my walking shoes and head out, on foot, to Brownsville, Texas.  (It is roughly the same number of miles from my house to the ICE detention center in Brownsville, Texas as it is from a random city in Guatemala.)  I would blog my experiences and progress daily. Then, upon arrival, I would try to see if I could compare notes with some mothers who have made the journey north.

I'd love to talk my teenaged son into making the trek with me.  I have the privilege of believing he will not be separated from me before we are able to come home.

Would you all follow along with me, here?

No comments: