Friday, November 23, 2007

Nano a no go

I said they were good INTENTIONS, right?
I have given birth to yet another "velcro child." He sleeps during the day--when he's being held!
It's progress. When I first brought him home, he wanted to be held all night but would sleep in a bassinet or pack-n-play during the day. I was hoping we'd get the days and nights worked out so I could sleep at night. We've gotten that far!
However, I was hoping to do some writing during the day and that is very hard to do one-handed! I have some great new ideas but typing one finger at a time is slow going and I don't have the energy to do much now (11:30pm).
SO...stay tuned this time next year...maybe I'll have made more progress by then! (If he hasn't started walking...)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad...you tried. It's hard doing things you want to do, when you have a newborn...especially one whose very attached. Next year try again, but you will have different challenges then. I hope you all had a good thanksgiving. Ours was very nice :)

sweetviolet said...

get thyself a sling! two hands free and happy baby. finn still thinks i'm the be all end all. good for one's ego, bad for one's back.

LoryKC said...

Joey,
Thanks! We'll see how things go...
Take care of yourself! I'll call you soon to check in.

SV,
I'm sling-challenged, I think! My husband has been telling me the same thing--just wrap him up in a sling!
I have one that I could not get the hang of with the last two but haven't tried yet with this one. I guess now is the time--I remember they seemed so "squished" the way that I had them but he's still new and likes being cuddled tight, swaddled, etc. I get nervous aobut putting them in before they can hold their heads up but maybe if I put him in right. I'll try to practice today!

sweetviolet said...

definitely a learning curve! i had one that was a wrap (just an enormous piece of cloth). i totally failed in that endeavor. i was kind of a sling whore though. i had 2 ring slings, a wrap, and a mei tai.

LoryKC said...

SV,
I haven't tried just a wrap but I think J would like it if I could figure it out! He likes to be right up against me...
I have no idea what a mei tai is but I'm going to search now! THanks!