Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm not really from here




My backyard backs up to a corn field.  I live in Orville Redenbacher's home state.  I have no idea how long an ear of corn can last before, you know, things fall apart.

grasshopper largerMy son has to build a grasshopper for a science project.  (Each student has to research an insect, write a report and build a model).  We were thinking of using an ear of corn to make the grasshopper but my daughter reminded me that it will sit in a display case for "a while."  I have no idea how long that grasshopper would survive on display before it began to deteriorate.   I feel like I should know.

Looks like we're going with Plan B.  Or C.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I'm not sure how long they last. I know they have the corn that you can use as decorations. We had ours for 2 months last year (I tried to make my house look nice last year when we we're trying to sell it). It was still in fine shape when I got rid of it for Christmas stuff. Good luck :)

LoryKC said...

We wrapped a paper towel tube with some corn husks. Compromise. ;)