Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I must be doing something right

My daughter thinks I don't love her and just wanted her so she could be my slave.

My son was very upset this morning because I would not let him skip a day of school. (He is in kindergarten).

I'm not the best mom in the world but with sentiments like these, once in a while, I feel like I'm on the right track! ;)

_______________
Disclaimers
I don't enlist my children in slavery. My daughter was cleaning her room and filled her trash can. She asked me to empty it and I asked her to do it. The next day, she had more trash and asked me again to empty her trash can. I explained that I empty all of the other trash cans in the house and she can empty hers. This was met with the constant complaint that she has to do everything and I treat her like a slave.

My son is smart and has lots of friends in school but was very tired this morning. He tried to tell me it's too hard because he always "gets his papers wrong." I reminded him that he comes home with papers with smiley faces and nice comments on the top. Then he explained that they are working on "clocks" this week and he keeps getting them wrong.
My poor children do live in a house full of digital clocks. The one antique pendulum clock is not always wound but when it is, he knows what time it is by how many "gongs" he hears.
It seems we need to practice telling time when he gets home from school today!

3 comments:

Rene said...

My children have the same appreciation of me. I'm so mean because I want them to pick up their trash. Or go to bed when I tell them. Or not get into the fridge when I ask.

BTW, I tagged you.

Kellie said...

Do you ever feel like all you do is fuss and nag? If only they would do what I say when I say it.

Tell your son...
"First you read short. Then you read long. If you do not, you'll get it wrong." Of course, short and long refer to the hour hand and minute hand. Just a little time telling hint.

LoryKC said...

Rene,
I keep telling my daughter to just wait! I'm going to add mowing the lawn and babysitting to her agenda in the next couple of years--she may try to contact the ACLU (or your husband!) ;)

Kellie,
Why, yes! I DO feel like that is all I do!
I like the time-telling hint! We did practice (and he's actually getting the hang of it) but that is a great way to remember--thanks!