Sunday, June 03, 2007

Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore!

We have arrived and are in our new home in Indiana! It's empty but we ahve time to figure out exactly where the "big" items will go. Our truck is due to arrive Monday or Tuesday so it'll start feeling more like home soon!

I was a little worried that it might take a while to meet other kids--there are only a few houses on our street. However, the next street over has many more houses and one of the kids my daughter met at the playground told her that there are at least 2 kids in every house!

When we chose N's name, I was trying to find something that wasn't too trendy so she would not have 4 other girls in her class with the same name. Since then, I don't think I've met another child with her name. Until now. There are 3 other girls in this small neighborhood with the same name, though one is visiting! The house at the end of our street has a girl with the same name and her mother's name is the same as mine! I can't decide if that is a good sign or slightly creepy...

Otherwise, everyone has been incredibly friendly so I'm sure that our new town will feel like home in no time!

6 comments:

Tracy Million Simmons said...

My first thought was... Oh no! I'm going to miss her!! But then I remembered that I'll still find you here at this very spot. What a small world it has become. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures in Indiana.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going well. It is suprising that there are that many N's in your neighborhood. Maybe there are a lot of people with your same musical taste! :) Is a week typical for the moving truck to deliver?

aaron said...

If the name issue is the biggest problem with your new home/neighborhood, things are looking good!

So the question is -- will you be changing the webaddress of the blog?

Kellie said...

Welcome home!

You've all got me curious now trying to figure out N's name. Something relate to music and not too trendy....except in Indiana. Hmmm...

Good luck in your new town...I know you'll make fast friends!

I don't envy you the unpacking. I just moved my classroom...at least it only one room.

Rene said...

Sounds like a good move. Glad you are optimistic.

We don't have many kids in our neighborhood either. And the ones we do have I'm not keen on.

When I named Diva, I assumed her class would be full of her name but oddly enough she is the only one. My son is one of three in his class. They all go by their initials in class.

LoryKC said...

Tracy,
Still here at the same bat channel...I just can't qualify as a Kansas writer, anymore!

Joey,
Haven't discussed music with the neighbors yet--still learning what kids live in which houses!
The movers will give you an ETA. They allow so many days for the driver to get there but for the real scoop, talk to the driver and ask when he plans to leave, etc.

Aaron,
True--I could have bigger worries!
As far as the blog address, no changes. Further explanation might require a new post...

Kellie,
Thanks!
I can let you know if you're right if you want to guess online! We've been in the house for almost a week and just covered a few windows last night--I don't have much left to hide!

Rene,
Who knows how many we'll find when we actually get to school!?! ;)