Friday, February 18, 2011

Seeing Red

My son's assignment was to write a poem about a color.  He chose red. I enjoyed seeing the drafts progress.  This week, he brought the final product home.  He typed it in computer class and printed it on red paper.

RED
Red is blood
Stained on the rug.
Red is fire
That burned a wire.
Red are the stripes on the American flag
That I wish were plaid.
Red is the color of Santa's hat
Don't forget he's kind of fat.
Red is the lava inside a volcano
If you get too close you will become a mashed potato.
Red is the color of Santa's sleigh
If you yell, he might fall in hay.
Red is the heat
Coming from the sun.
Red is fire
Coming from a candle.
Red is such a wonderful color
It can make you happy forever.

3 comments:

jocelyn said...

I had to laugh at some of those. Some seemed pretty dark, others were just adorable. However, I'm glad he thinks red is a happy color :) Thanks for sharing :)

Caryn Caldwell said...

That is so good! So many cute images there. So cool, too, that you're into his writing. What a good mom!

LoryKC said...

Joey,
Yes. He has a few things that he writes and draws that are a bit...dramatic. But he's a 4th grade boy...

Caryn,
Aw, thanks! Not sure I qualify as "good" but I sure appreciate it! He is a creative kid.