Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


I try to say thank-you to God every day. Today, I am especially grateful.


I am thankful:
  • for my family
  • that my family is healthy.
  • that my husband is not deployed.
  • that we have plenty to eat. (While I am already planning what I'll have to do to undo what I'll eat today, I hope everyone is able to get something to eat today).
  • that my children could help us provide a Thanksgiving meal for a family in need. I am thankful that we are able to help someone else but also thankful that my children have at least an inkling of how lucky they are.
  • to be home with my family today. Even if we are not physically with our extended families, at least our immediate family is all together, safe and happy.
  • that the hubbie let me sleep this morning, while he got up with the kids!
  • that I was able to shower and write 500 words--in the same day--even before lunchtime!
  • for this BEAUTIFUL day!! We've had fall weather, and the leaves have been beautiful but today is GORGEOUS! It should reach 70 degrees today and the sun is shining. I sort of wish we could eat Thanksgiving dinner outside! We'll have to settle for an after-dinner walk, instead!


No comments: