Wednesday, April 18, 2007

For your reading list

I told you I'd have book reviews for you but life is moving too fast for a full review of each book!

What Jesus Meant was a thought-provoking book with a fresh perspective. It makes me want to read Wills' book, Why I Am a Catholic, as at times in this book, I was not sure why he is a member of any formal religion. I do recommend this one!



New Orleans Stories is a collection of short stories that take place in New Orleans. There are a few very good ones included in here and I recommend this one as well if you have a chance.



I finished those two in March so they won't make my April reading list for the Book Binge but if you're looking for something different, check them out!

I began The Last Days of Dogtown in March but finished it in April so I'm hoping I can count that one for my April reading list! ;) I highly recommend this one. The first chapter was a little slow for me but that might have been because I was trying to read it in a busy waiting room. The first chapter introduces many characters but we get to know much more about each one of them in a following chapter. Each character gets a turn being the main character in a chapter but the ending of one blends seamlessly into the next chapter--and next life story. Very well done. You'll be thinking of these characters long after you put the book down.

No comments: