Thursday, July 03, 2008

Sometimes it feels like somebody's watching me

While I have posted a few entries over the years that I probably should have held off on--most of them were examples of bad writing or ideas that were not as clever as I thought they were at midnight.  I do try to keep in mind that anything I post can be seen by anyone, anywhere at any time.

There are people however, who have internet access but do not think about how many people can view their posts or videos or do not care.

My daughter is upset that I've blocked You Tube on the computer downstairs.  I have not blocked it due to videos she has found but because of the clips that she may find.  Responsible adults out there can decide for themselves what to look at but I'm not giving a 10-year-old that luxury.

I came across this article this morning.  Not only should  people be careful about what they post but for those of you who do not have mothers blocking sites for you, you may want to be careful about what you choose to view, as well!  Apparently Google, who owns You Tube, must report the viewing habits of anyone who has ever viewed any You Tube video.  (If you've just been looking at Miley Cyrus and some questionable "wizard swears" puppet videos, you should not have too much to be embarrassed about.)

No comments: