Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wine pairings

We know that certain types of wine complement certain flavors and foods.
Does a particular wine go with a type of book?

In this case, I thought, how could it not?




I love the bottle! Seven zinfandel wines from 7 wineries are included in "7 zins"; it has fleur de lis accents around the top; it has a wonderful poem on the back. The marketing! The decoration! It's beautiful!

Unfortunately, the wine inside did not measure up to the bottle--or the books.

3 comments:

Rene said...

I'm not a big fan of Zins and I really don't like that one. I've had 7 Zins before I thought it was awful.

Loved "The Historian" and "The Diving Comedy." If you are looking for wine, I find the Kenwood Sauvignon Blanc is consistently a good buy. For red, look for Menage a Tois. They make a lovely blended red which I don't think ever costs more the $10.

LoryKC said...

Rene,
Thanks! Cabernet is usually my fav but I've switched to zin this week. (I have no good reason). As for the zins...I have had worse but it was not good.
I'll have to try the Menage a Tois! (At least, the wine!) ;)

As for the books, I'm only part of the way through both but am enjoying them. You know I'll pipe up whenever I'm finally done!

Laurie said...

I love it, too. Great to hear from you. A lot of people dropped off my Bloglines for some reason. I'm so happy to be able to reconnect. Hope you're doing well. I need to read and catch up. :)