Monday, October 25, 2010

The Conference

I have written three accounts of the South Carolina Writers' Workshop for you. All of them are FAR too long for any of you to want to read. I'm working on that. Here is the (very) condensed version. (Which, I think, is fair. I promised an account once I'd slept--and that has not happened, yet!)

In the meantime, I will just tell you that it was an amazing weekend! I wanted to walk on the beach and hear Joshilyn Jackson's keynote speech. I walked on the beach, took her course, talked to her, had her sign my book, and talked to her a little more!

Getting there, Thursday, was Hell and I was sure I had made a mistake. Friday was great! Saturday was amazing! (Did I mention yet that I had a conversation with Joshilyn Jackson??)Sunday was a blur!

Now I am tired, inspired, have new friends to email, a draft to revise and a better blog post to draft. At least there is still a week until Nano! ;)

2 comments:

jocelyn said...

That's great that you got to meet her. I should read some of her stuff :) I hope it gave you some inspiration and help so that you can get yours finished!

Jen said...

It was a pretty draining, amazing weekend, wasn't it? I'm so glad we met. What are your plans for NaNo? I can't wait to start my next draft!

-Jen Mc from SCWWC