Friday, November 05, 2010

Frantic Friday

Yesterday was busy but not with much writing. So I'm far behind on the word count goal.

Fridays are normally "my" days. (My youngest goes to a "Mom's Time Out" on Wednesdays and Fridays. Wednesdays, I volunteer at my older son's school during that time. Friday mornings are mine. But Thursday afternoon, the little guy got sick. So he's staying home, this morning. It is a Toy Story marathon morning here, with many interruptions to occupy the dog who is ready to PLAY. Somewhere in there, I've got a lot of work to do to make up for being very, very behind on my word count on the new novel.

At the moment, though the toddler is asking to make lemonade. And hiding in the pantry. I wonder if it's dark in there...
I bet somebody had a pantry 150 years ago. And a kid who liked to hide in it...

I wonder if I can count blog posts as part of my word count? ;)

3 comments:

LoryKC said...

Score!
A picnic basket with a white kitchen towel works as a bed with a white sheet! If all of the Fisher Price Little People are ready for a nap, I may have just scored twenty minutes! Got to love new toys--that you find in your pantry! :)

jocelyn said...

Interesting place for a nap, and a place to find toys :) However, do whatever works. I am pretty sure they had something that was dark to hide in 150 years ago (a closet, an outhouse, woods) As for blogging words counting, I think they would (you can always just delete them if you find you have too many at the end). I hope he's feeling better today and that you get lots of writing done.

LoryKC said...

He's feeling better AND (but?) he is taking a NAP! (So I am better, too!) ;)

(I EVEN got a shower, today!) That should not seem noteworthy and yet...
For the first time ever, I drove them to school in my PJs, today.
It was a manic Monday morning but is easing into a fine Friday afternoon.
(Not over yet, by any means--N was invited to a sleepover that has been changed to an evening party--but I'll be picking her up around 10pm).
Hope all is well, there!