Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rainy days and...Tuesdays

Do not, on a rainy day, ask your child what he feels like doing, because I assure you that what he feels like doing, you won't feel like watching.
~Fran Lebowitz

A gloomy, rainy Tuesday should be a good day to hole up and get lots of writing done.
Unless you happen to be in the house with a three-year-old and a puppy who are also holed up, staying in from the rain.

The rambunctious puppy has a new bowl of breakfast. (The little guy dumped her first bowl into her water dish. I guess he thought she'd like it more like cereal, this morning.)

She (the dog) is staring down the boy who is pretending to watch Max & Ruby but is really trying to figure out which Christmas decoration to dismantle next.
**Correction: in the time it took to type that, I realized the boy is actually surrounding himself with toys--the DOG's toys. No wonder she is staring, biding her time, waiting to pounce.

The dog really needs a run. And now, I have one of these. Which makes it easier and fun to run when the wind is at my back, pushing us along. The return trip though--pushing a wind SHIELD AGAINST the wind--seems like a little too much effort, at the moment.

Will I write today? Absolutely.
Will I reach my Nano goal today? Not unless this weather not only lulls little children and big dogs into nice naps but into nice, long, coma-like naps. Now I'm feeling sleepy, too...

To perk myself up, I'm also over here, reading Joshilyn Jackson's blog. Go on over. While I recommend her books, I insist that you read her blog. Even if it is about a Monday. Go!

3 comments:

jocelyn said...

I know you've talked about her books quite a bit. Would you recommend a particular one to start with? Sorry about being stuck in the house all day, it was a good day to be stuck inside though. I have to say I think I prefer what we had today over what we're supposed to have the next couple of days.

LoryKC said...

Weather changed to snow--just little, light snow--after I posted this. No biggie but I hate to take the stroller out in the WIND and can't quite leave the 3-yr-old home alone, yet! ;)
Threw the football for the dog in the backyard, instead. It's all good.
Stay warm!

LoryKC said...

Joey,
Regarding the novels, I'll send them to you.
For what it's worth, her name is pronounced the same as yours...the "h" is silent. (You know, when you're Jocelyn...)