Friday, June 10, 2005

Quality counts?

I say I will publish the novel one day yet I am hesitant to write much online. Someone can let me know in just an instant if they have a low opinion of my writing skills.
I am however gaining confidence as I log into more writing sites and find that at least I am not the worst writer out there!

I received an email this morning from a writing forum looking for moderators for the site. The post was laden with misspelled words and incorrect grammar! The individual went into detail about qualifications but tried to make the point that the most important criteria was skillful writing! It read like a parody of an actual want-ad.

Therein lies the beauty of writing online! There is no real need to edit! If you want someone to read your writing, just start typing and hit that "send" button!

No comments: