Monday, June 27, 2005

Revenge of the Birds

While visiting family in Florida last week, my son learned the phrase “heads up.”
I am so grateful that no one said it to him as a flock of seagulls flew over him at the beach!
After lunch on the beach, my son wandered away from our covered pavilion to chase a few birds. For those of you old enough to remember the television show The Incredible Hulk with Lou Ferrigno, you will remember his pose when he put his fists together and bared his teeth. This was Christian’s stance as he roared at the birds.
In a flash his position changed and we noticed that one (or more) of the birds had literally let loose. It was a direct hit!
(It’s bad enough getting that stuff off of my windshield but that is nothing compared to washing it out of my son’s hair!)

1 comment:

aaron said...

Perhaps you should have taught him some music from Mommy's youth -- when encountering A Flock of Seagulls, "And I ran, I ran so far away."

Hope the rest of your week back home was enjoyable!