Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Please pray

Please continue to pray for the people of New Orleans. I added a comment to my last blog that at least it could have been so much worse. Now it is. Those levees were the only reason New Orleans could exist. Now they're gone. They can't pump the water out because there is nowhere to pump it to. Even if the water does recede sometime soon, it'll only take a thunderstorm to engulf things again without the levees.

Please just pray. As I said, most of our family is out. My brother-in-law and his 78-year-old grandmother are getting out now. They've been re-routed three times and cell phones aren't working well but my sister-in-law tells me he's out. I don't know how, I'm just thankful they're out.

Who knows when they'll get back in? We may have nieces and nephews up here to get them into school. I hope we do. They have some closer relatives in Texas but I just feel so helpless here. At least if we can get the kids here, or my husband's grandmother, I feel like that may help a little. They all have water in their homes. I can't do anything about that. I'm sitting here in my dry home, enjoying my air conditioning and my electricity and I feel so guilty.

If y'all have been to New Orleans, keep those pictures and those memories. This unique city will never be the same again.

No comments: