Saturday, January 21, 2006

W at KSU!

Yes, the president will be here on Monday! I doubt I'll catch a glimpse of the man though as we did not learn he was coming until two days after students had been camping out to get tickets!

As you may know, I am not a fan of the man. My daughter and hubbie are though and it would be something to say they'd seen the president.

My daughter was mildly impressed when I told her I'd seen the first President Bush (or the president formerly known as President Bush but now referred to as "Bush 41"). He was serving as the vice-president when I saw him. Our highschool band was selected to play in the airplane hangar when he arrived in Florida many moons ago. It was not exactly a personal introduction but it's good enough for my seven-year-old!

We did not make it when Gorbachev was here last year either. (I was more interested in that one but did not find out until the day of the event. I have got to start paying more attention!)

No comments: