Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Laissez les bon temps roulet!

As I am nursing our son, I feel like I can't "diet" and cut out too many calories right now -- but I've got to shed these many, many baby pounds.  So--I decided to start exercising regularly again with the new year and to try to cut sugar out of my diet.

I was finally successful in having a completely sugar-free day yesterday.
My husband came home from the store with this last night.  (He found one in Indiana!)
I finished off my son's piece after he went to school this morning so I guess I just shoot for a sugar-free afternoon, today!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Aw, man! I LOVE King Cake.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with sugar, especially if its for a special occasion :) I had more than my share from M's birthday, we had a cake on Thursday, and cupcakes on Saturday (and then of course there were leftovers...). I hope you enjoyed your king cake. I'm glad T was able to find one for you.

LoryKC said...

Laurie,
Me, too! Thankfully though, this can't compare to Haydel's or any of the King Cakes from New Orleans so I had a few bites but was able to pass up the rest. (It was a nice treat but I don't think we'll find one with cream cheese filling here!)

Joey,
I'm glad you've had such a sweet week! ;)

Special occasions might be OK but I've got many baby pounds to shed and "King Cake" season/Mardi Gras lasts too long for me to justify eating King Cakes from now until Fat Tuesday! =0

Sarah said...

you know tiny baby LOVES a little king cake a la boobie milk.

LoryKC said...

Well, I guess I'll have to have a little more...for the baby, of course! ;)