Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel

J went to sleep a little earlier than usual last night (after taking micro-naps during the day) and slept almost 6 hours straight!  (By the time I got the kitchen cleaned up, dishwasher running, etc., that meant I got about 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep!)

FIVE hours.  Life is good.

After he had breakfast and a diaper change, he went back to sleep--about an hour before I had to get his older siblings up for school.  So I managed to have a cup of (hot!) coffee, read a little and take a 15-minute micro-nap myself before he woke again--5 minutes before I had to get the others up!  I don't need an alarm with this little guy!

I don't know if it was the REM sleep or the fact that I've had almost 3 cups of coffee now but my morning is zipping along nicely!  I hope yours is as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's starting to sleep better for you...that improves the quality of life for everyone :)