Friday, February 13, 2009

Still distracted

And I'm on to book 4.  (Ms. Meyer's, not mine).   I'm still embarrassed but inspired, as well.  Reading a young adult novel inevitably brings back a few teen memories of my own.  Quite a few character traits and/or scenarios pop up when I look back for too long. ;)

I might have to put the books away soon--to keep my daughter from the temptation.  I'm not sure she is ready to read books 3 and 4, yet.  (I'm quite sure she will not be reading book 4, yet, actually.  We recently got through the puberty talk and while I am willing to answer other questions regarding birds, bees and even humans--book 4 has a bit more than a 10-year-old needs to ask about!) ;)

Having said that, I am happy to see that each of these books references--and contains allusions to--classics that I do want my daughter to read:  Wuthering Heights, Romeo and Juliet and Pride and Prejudice.  As I've mentioned before, my daughter is not a big reader but maybe if she sees that these books are good enough for Bella...

No comments: